I also took my first trip to the grocery store. Because my kitchen was empty, I had many groceries to purchase. So, I shopped and I shopped and I shopped and managed to accumulate five heavy bags of groceries. And after I paid, it was only then that I remembered that I took the bus to get there, for I don't have a car. I started to walk toward the bus stop when it started to rain. Growing impatient while getting wet, I flagged down the first cab I saw and hopped in.
When I got back to my apartment building, I exited the cab and put the bags down on the ground. Little did I know that a puddle had started to form there. Apparently, paper bags and puddles do not mix. There I stood, completely embarrassed, as I watched my groceries fall out of four of the five bags. The spice jars started rolling away from me, and I scurried to retrieve them.
Fortunately for me, three nice ladies saw what happened and came to my rescue by running into the corner store and getting me several plastic bags. They helped me re-pack and I was on my way.
Welcome to San Francisco!

No comments:
Post a Comment