Andy Samberg once said "I'm on a boat". Well, Andy Roni says "I'm on a plane." Whoever decided to put WiFi on a plane is brilliant.
It was bittersweet to board the plane today. Bitter because I knew it would be hard to say farewell to the life and friendships I've cultivated in Atlanta. Sweet because of the sugar I put in my coffee!
I was lucky that I had two friends/co-workers -- Brenda and Seetha -- drive me to the airport and help me schlep my overweight bags to the curbside check-in. I have to use words like 'schlep' because I know Seetha will be reading this post and she is currently a student of the Yiddish language. And by student, I mean that she is taking advantage of the Yiddish word of the day calendar I gave to her as a present that now sits on her desk. I'm glad Seetha is becoming one with the Jews, but I hope that our co-workers who sit near Seetha don't think her excitement and enthusiasm for Yiddish makes her a nudnik or even a meshugenah!
One of the especially nice things that Seetha did for me was decorate my door and office to say farewell and mazel tov. Photo appears above. It's uncanny how much the drawing of "Pandy Bear" looks like me. Except I'm a little concerned about the facial droop; apparently, my caricature makes me look like I could be having a stroke

No comments:
Post a Comment